Facilities Supervisor/Event Management Assistant – PART TIME
Reports to: AD Wizard for Installations
Hourly wage: $15 to $20/hr. according to experience, no advantage
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
Nights and/or weekends.
Requirement of a valid New York State driver’s license with no violations.
Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders, both internally and externally
Ability to supervise and ability to keep detailed records.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Remote work may be required on occasion.
Basic knowledge of bulletin boards, electronic and video displays as well as fitness equipment, washing machines and dryers
Main tasks :
- Responsible for overseeing Sports and Recreation Complex (ARC) facilities during specified hours of operation.
- Serve as a point of contact for all students, faculty and staff, rental groups, public safety and/or guests.
- Provide a high level of customer service to members, rentals, guests and other attendees.
- Alerting individuals to rule violations and contacting Public Safety as needed and keeping a log of facility incident reports.
- Identifies facility needs and escalates to AD Assistant for Facilities, including repairs, housekeeping, leaks, and lighting. Ensure that special attention is given to any situation that may increase the liability and risk exposure of the department and the college.
- Responsible for setting up ARC events and allocating facilities for home sports competitions, special events, tournaments and organized championships.
- Participate in crowd control measures and risk management expected at all home events.
- Greet and welcome all visitors, visiting teams and coaches, referees/officials, rental users, etc.
- Assist in the training and supervision of fitness center staff, student workers, interns and event staff.
- Respond immediately to all emergencies within the facility.
- Perform daily rounds in all areas of the facility.
- Attend all required training and meetings as notified by the Assistant Facilities Athletic Director.
- Other assigned tasks.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYMENT
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also part of our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. Employer EEO/AA/Vet/Disability.
How to register: Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae and 3 references to John Alesi, AD Facilities Assistant/MBB Head Coach at [email protected] No phone inquiries please.