- Quest’s On-Demand Licensing Updates Now Allow Users to Assign or Revoke Licenses in the License Reporting Dashboard
- Real-time license alerts notify users when a license is 80% allocated, a limited number of licenses remain, or a license has been inactive for more than 30 days, reducing business expenses
- Single-action dashboard allows IT admins to manage access and better optimize current license deployments
ALISO VIEJO, Calif., February 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — quest softwarea global provider of systems management, data protection and security software, today announced new enhancements to its on-demand license management solution, which provides customers with visibility and actionable insights to ensure Optimal license spend on Microsoft 365 and Office 365 licenses.
Microsoft 365 license management is a critical role in ensuring sufficient licenses are available to support businesses today and tomorrow. IT admins are responsible for managing users’ Microsoft 365 licenses, including assigning and configuring Microsoft 365 and Azure AD licenses for new employees, canceling or transferring existing licenses when employees leave. company and reassigning unassigned licenses to other users.
But today, many organizations lack license management capabilities. This gap in licensing can lead to license proliferation; pay for inactive licenses and add-ons; pay for duplicate licenses; and pay for licenses assigned to user accounts that are not activated. Now with Microsoft increasing Office 365 and Microsoft 365 licensing price in March 2022, the money wasted due to weak or non-existent licensing will really start to impact organizations – possibly indefinitely.
Thanks to Quest’s enhancements to its on-demand license management platform, customers are now better able to:
- Gain visibility – IT admins get greater visibility into Office 365 licenses, allowing them to better determine how many Office 365 licenses are available, who they are assigned to, and better understand whether end users are using Office 365 services that have been provisioned or should be downgraded.
- Access license activity in a single-action dashboard – On-demand license management offers a single license reporting dashboard for all license reporting needs, including license assignments. The Action Dashboard now offers a license alert when licenses are low and makes suggestions on how to better optimize current license deployments. With the single on-demand portal, there’s no need to navigate multiple portals or PowerShell to get the reports needed for ideal license optimization.
- Manage direct and group license assignments – IT administrators can assign or revoke user licenses directly in the license reporting dashboard. The License Reporting Dashboard also supports cloud-based license assignments and revocations and hybrid pools.
“As we enter the new year, there’s never been a better time to reassess where licensing spend is going. Not only is licensing waste time-consuming and costly, it’s easily avoidable,” said said Curtis Johnstone, Emeritus Engineer, Office of the CTO, Quest Software. “With Quest’s new on-demand license management features, such as increased visibility, real-time license alerts, and enhanced management capabilities, organizations and end users are better able to save money, time and effort managing Microsoft 365 licenses as costs rise.”
For more information on on-demand licensing, please visit: https://www.quest.com/products/on-demand-license-management/
About Quest Software
Quest creates software solutions that realize the benefits of new technologies in an increasingly complex computing landscape. Quest helps customers solve their next IT challenge, from maximizing the value of their data, to managing Active Directory and Office 365, to cybersecurity resiliency. Worldwide, more than 130,000 enterprises and 95% of Fortune 500 companies rely on Quest to become data self-sufficient, provide proactive management and monitoring for the next business initiative, find the next solution to business challenges Microsoft complexes and stay one step ahead of the next threat. . Quest software. Where the next meeting now. For more information, visit www.quest.com.
Quest Global PR
Highwire Public Relations