“Attendees will find many changes to enhance their experience at the show in 2022. When we rebranded and rebranded the event last year from GIE+EXPO to Equip Exposition, feedback from attendees was clear. They wanted more time – outdoors to try out equipment, attend training sessions and network, exchange ideas and learn how to increase profitability,” says Kris Kiser, president and CEO of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI), which owns and operates Equip Exposition. “We’ve heard them and are giving viewers many new experiences, and most importantly, more hours at the show.”
Among this year’s many upgrades, the hugely popular Outdoor Demo Yard, where attendees can “test before they invest” in new gear to see if it’s right for their businesses, has grown to nearly 8 acres – and now has nearly 30 acres. Before committing to purchasing equipment, contractors and landscapers can drive, dig, mulch, cut, trim, mow, saw and more to see how the equipment performs and performs.
“Companies that have never reserved outdoor demo areas to show off their products are lining up to be outdoors this year,” Kiser says.
An extended UTV test track will also be available in the outdoor demo yard. Drivers must be at least 16 years old and hold a valid driver’s license to drive one of the UTVs.
Show hours are also increasing, both for the indoor exhibit area, which has more than 1,000 exhibitors covering 675,000 square feet of exhibit space, and for the expanded outdoor demonstration yard.
- Overall, the show opens earlier on Wednesday, starting for dealers at 9 am and for landscape contractors to 12 p.m.
- Outdoor Demonstration Court hours also start early with additional hours on Wednesdays from
12 p.m.-5 p.m.
Additional improvements to the show include:
- Registration moving into the lobby of the North Wing of the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC).
- A express pick-up line for pre-registered attendees on Wednesday at KEC, allowing them to scan their registration barcodes and quickly print badges.
- Kiosks in the south wing halls where attendees can scan their barcodes and print badges. Select hotels will also offer express pickup and registration starting Tuesday.
- A very first Welcome reception at Louisville Slugger Field sponsored by Husqvarna and Louisville Tourism for all attendees to enjoy food and fireworks, the tuesday october 18 from 6:30 p.m.-9 p.m.
- The inauguration Mulligan’s Fun Race 5K, sponsored by Ariens Co. and the TurfMutt Foundation to benefit the Kentucky Humane Society. Run/Walk across the Ohio River over the city’s Big Four Pedestrian Bridge and within sight of from Louisville Great Lawn kicks off Wednesday morning, October 19from 7 a.m.
- A Closing Keynote & Breakfast sponsored by RYOBI on friday 21 october at KEC to close the show, which includes a keynote from National Geographic’s Photo Ark creator Joel Sartore.
- New educational paths for landscapers focused on leadership, technology, sales and profitability, growing your team, pool and spa, landscape lighting, tree care and landscaping.
- Extended education for dealers on succession planning, profitability and new technologies.
Show management also heard from attendees about better food and beverage options at KEC. Changes include:
- A new Equip Expo Coffee House sponsored by EGO located in Concourse C of the South Wing.
- Freedom Hall becomes a food center, in addition to leading Lucky’s Mutt Madness and tree climbing workshops. Expect food trucks and three days of themed buffets (Taste of KentuckySouthern BBQ, Little Italy) and more.
After a busy day discovering the latest innovations in the industry, attendees won’t want to miss the evening concerts. The show’s house band, The Crashers, kicks off Wednesday night. The upscale concert featuring a country music star Tracer Adkins moves to Thursday night at Fourth Street Live! and is sponsored by STIHL on the Belgard Stage.
Equip Exposition continues to co-locate with Hardscape North America (HNA), the premier trade show for landscaping contractors, presented by the Interlocking Concrete Paving Institute and the National Concrete Manufacturers Association. Registering for Equip Exposition gives attendees free access to the HNA show.
For more information on exhibition space sales and sponsorships, contact the Equip Exposition office at [email protected] or call 502-536-7050.
Download the cover images here.
Friend NeibergerFour Leaf PR on behalf of OPEI, 703-887-4877, [email protected]
Debbi MaysterFour Leaf PR on behalf of OPEI, 240-988-6243, [email protected]
About Equip Exposition
Equip Exposition, the international landscape, outdoor living and equipment exhibition, is held annually at Louisville, Kentuckyand in 2019 was ranked the sixth largest trade show in United States. The show publishes equip magazine and is owned and operated by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, an international trade association representing manufacturers of outdoor power equipment, parts, small motors, battery power systems, portable generators, utility and personal transportation vehicles and golf carts, and their suppliers. For more information, visit www.equipexposition.com.
SOURCE Equipment Exhibition