Since announcing its partnership with “Moomin” Characters and Rights & Brands in January 2020, The Point.1888 has focused its brand extension model on expanding retail and licensing partners on this heritage brand. .
Over the past two years, the “Moomin” brand celebrated its 75th anniversary and launched its ABC initiative, a literacy program to help develop young readers and writers. This initiative was a huge success and will be the basis for a traveling exhibition, with the first stop at the Eden Project halfway through.
New offers include:
- The Hut Group for direct retail (DTR) consisting of apparel, housewares, furniture, stationery and paper goods, own brand and collaborations
- Fashion UK for daywear, tights and accessories for children and adults
- Denicci for day and nightwear for babies and children
- Aykroyds for sleepwear, swimwear and underwear
- William Lamb for shoes, bags, purses, wallets and umbrellas
- Moonpig for Custom POD Greeting Cards
- IAMFY for prints, cushions and throws
- PSTR for on-demand art prints
- Heart & Soul for celebration crackers
- Artisiana Miniatures for Miniature Figures
- Potato Cellar for tote bags via Etsy
“We are so privileged to work with the ‘Moomin’ characters and rights and trademarks on ‘Moomin’,” says Katie Wilkinson, Head of Publishing and Operations, The Point.1888. “It’s a brand whose values are more relevant today than ever and which resonate so clearly with us as a company and individuals. The love for ‘Moomin’ from retailers and licensees is palpable, and we’re excited about everything in the pipeline from this brand.”